Saturday, October 16, 2010

cot bumper







With the sewing machine set up in its new corner, I have been trying to tackle a few old and forgotten projects that needed finishing. A cot bumper was one of them... probably a totally useless item for a umm, err, now 15 month old (!!). Yikes, time has flown. The poor boy has been sleeping in a port-a-cot since he outgrew the bassinet, because I refused to set up the cot until I had the bumper finished. Oh the relief to pack the port-a-cot away! I feel like he had been camping out in the bedroom. His cot now has a small space in the girls room which is working out quiet well. Next job on the agenda is to paint the room that will be his and set it up. I am thinking a soft gray would be nice. Don't hold your breath friends!


7 comments:

Karin van D. said...

How cute, those ribbons are lovely too! I think soft grey could be wonderful.

katherine said...

Lovely and simple but so effective. I think you've inspired my next project! I have about a month till bub is out of his bassinet (and I have no port-a-cot) so I'll have to motor!

Rachel said...

That is so beautiful! Love the photographs too!

dana said...

Beautiful Naomi. I love the colors and simplicity. makes me smile :)

Kathryn said...

So cute! And I love that blanket too!

Kristine said...

I love this! Such sophisticated colour palette, and such a refreshing change from pastels.

Unknown said...

Did you make the blanket also? I love it. I've been crocheting for 2+ years and I love it. I'd really like to start sewing though and I have the ideas and sewing machine. I'm just nervous. lol